KRS 237.110 sets forth the criteria for receiving a Concealed Carry Permit. You may obtain a list of instructors in your area at the Bourbon County Sheriff’s Office. Once training is completed, and you have received your Certificate, you will need the following to process your application:
- Certificate of Firearms Training (New C.C.D.W Only)
- Photo ID (must reflect 6 months of KY residence)
- Photograph (Photos are available at the Bourbon County Sheriff’s Office for fee of $5.)
- Check or money order payable to the Kentucky State Treasurer (no abbreviations) in the amount of $40.
- Check, cash or money order for $25 payable to the Bourbon County Sheriff’s Office for C.C.D.W processing (includes photo.)
All forms required for this process are available in the Sheriff’s Office.