BOURBON COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE
PROPERTY TAX INFORMATION
2012 Tax Bills will be mailed on or before October 30, 2012. We will start accepting tax payments on November 1, 2012.
Our 2012 Collection period is as follows:
2% Discount: November 1 – 30, 2012
Face Amount: December 1-31, 2012
5% Penalty: January 1-31, 2013
21% Penalty: February 1, 2013 – April 15, 2013
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR 2012 TAX COLLECTIONS
2012 Collections Dates:
November 1, 2012 – November 30, 2012 = 2% Discount Period **
December 1, 2012 – December 31, 2012 = Base Amount Period **
January 1, 2013 – January 31, 2013 = 5% Penalty Period
February 1, 2013 – April 15, 2013 = 21% Penalty
** In accordance with KRS 134.119 we accept a United States Postmark.
** Our office WILL BE OPEN on Monday, December 31, 2012
from 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM for Tax Collections.
NORMAL Office Hours:
Monday – Friday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm*
*For your convenience, our office will be OPEN during lunch during the months of November - December 2012.
The Bourbon County Sheriff’s Office will be CLOSED the following days:
|Tuesday, November 6, 2012||Monday, November 12, 2012|
|Thursday, November 22, 2012||Friday, November 23, 2012|
|Monday, December 24, 2012||Tuesday, December 25, 2012|
|Tuesday, January 1, 2013|
WEBSITE Address: www.bourbonsheriff.org
Click on the PROPERTY TAXES icon to look up 2012 tax information and payment status online. Tax information on our website is updated nightly.
Do NOT leave tax payments under our office door or with any other office inside the courthouse, as we will not be responsible for them under any circumstance.
The Bourbon County Sheriff’s Office is not responsible for any delay in the receipt of this tax bill as delivered by the United States Postal Service.
Property Taxes District References
|District||# Bills||Type of Bill and Issuer|
|00 - County||1||County - Sheriff|
|02 - Paris||3||
County - Sheriff
|03 - Millersburg||2||County - Sheriff
City - City of Millersburg
|04 - N. Middletown||2||County - Sheriff
City - North Middletown
|05 - City Annex (Paris)||2||County -Sheriff
City - City of Paris
General Tax Information
The Bourbon County Sheriff’s Office only keeps current year taxes in our office.
All prior year taxes, paid and unpaid, are located in the office of the Bourbon County Clerk, Richard Stipp Eads.
ATTENTION ALL HOMEOWNERS
ALL tax bills are mailed to the Homeowner. If you have as Escrow Account with your Mortgage Company, you need to forward them a copy of your tax bill so it can be paid in a timely manor.
ACCEPTABLE FORMS OF PAYMENT
We accept CASH, CHECK with phone number on check, CASHEIRS CHECK, MONEY ORDER.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR MORTGAGE COMPANIES AND TAX SERVICES
Our office processes AUTOMATED PAYMENTS. If you pay more than 99 bills in our county, it is MANDATORY that you pay by automation.
This is a very efficient method with reasonable processing cost. This process can be explained in greater detail, please call and talk with our Office Manager.
We do not require or need a “Request” list or file. Please note that ALL tax bills will be mailed to the property owner only.
In order for you to receive your tax information for your Escrow accounts, you will need to request that your homeowner forward a copy of their bill to you unless you are paying by Automation.
If you need an official copy of a tax bill to submit payment, you may request this in writing to our office. There is a fee of $1.00 per tax bill copy. Payment is due with request along with a Return SASE.
We will continue to have a Public Tax computer available for your use, Monday through Friday, 8:30AM – 4:30PM or you may visit our website at www.bourbonsheriff.org.
REQUIREMENTS (In lieu of Original Tax Bill)
- Tax Bill Number is MANDATORY
- Property Owner Name as of January 1, if different from your borrower
- Property location/address with Map/Parcel number
- Correct Tax Amount Due in given payment period
- Checks made Payable to: Mark L. Matthews, Sheriff
- You may submit One Check for multiple bills, ONLY if you supply a list of bills you are paying, in Bill Number sequence. This list must contain all information listed above in items 1-4, or it will be returned.
If you have the original tax bill, please enclose a copy with your payment. If not, Memo Bills are accepted, only with the above requirements. Any payment received without the above information, will be returned.Please remit your payment(s) to:
Bourbon County Sheriff’s Office
Mark L. Matthews, Sheriff
301 Main Street, Suite 104
Paris, Kentucky 40361
OTHER VITAL INFORMATION FOR HOMEOWNERS, MORTGAGE COMPANIES & TAX SERVICES:
1. We do not accept duplicate payments. If you submit a payment on a tax bill that has already been PAID, your payment will be returned so noted.
2. Any payments received with the incorrect tax amount will also be returned, as we do not accept partial payments.
3. “Paid Receipts” will only be returned upon request with a self addressed stamped envelope (SASE).
4. A public computer is available in our office for tax bill inquiring only. Printing is not available from this computer. Inquiries may also be found on our website at www.bourbonsheriff.org
5. Please include a Contact Name and Phone Number with payment(s).
6. During the month of October, we do not give out tax information via telephone or fax, as this is our heaviest collection period.
7. Official copies of tax bills may be obtained at a cost of $1.00 per bill. You MUST supply the Bill Number and or Parcel Number, Property Address and Homeowner Name along with a self addressed, stamped envelope (SASE).
We wish to thank you in advance for your support and cooperation. We look forward to serving you!